It’s one cold and rainy night in Oklahoma, folks. And unlike most people, I actually love it.
I follow a few book blogs, and at least three of them participate in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. I love reading these, and after weeks of contemplating, I’ve decided to start participating myself! This week’s topic is: Top 10 fictional characters I would crush on if I were a fictional character. (These are in no particular order.)
1. Fitzwilliam Darcy from Pride and Prejudice – who isn’t in love with Mr. Darcy?! Insane people, that’s who. He’s the definition of the strong, silent type. He’s wonderful.
2. Edward Cullen from Twilight – don’t judge me, ok! I fell in love with him more and more with every turn of the page. He’s tortured and gorgeous and flawed and I like that.
3. Matthew Clairmont from Discovery of Witches – he may be my dream man. Seriously. Again, flawed, tortured, handsome, plus intelligent, angry, loving, emotional, deadly…I could keep going on and on.
4. Edward Rochester from Jane Eyre – are you noticing a pattern here?
5. Legolas from Lord of the Rings – this is largely due to Legolas being portrayed by Orlando Bloom in the movies.
6. Alcide Herveaux from The Sookie Stackhouse Series –yes he ends up being a jerk, but he’s just so manly and rough and dirty and hot-headed, and very attractive. Even more so in my head than Joe Manginello is on the show.
7. Rhett Butler from Gone With the Wind – haughty, conceited, selfish, vulnerable, wounded…
8. Ezra Fitz from Pretty Little Liars series – I haven’t actually read the books, so this is based on the show, and I love his sweet, attractive bookishness.
9. Ron Weasley from Harry Potter – yep. Major crush on Ronald. Plus, I want to live at The Burrow.
I know there are supposed to be ten, but I only came up with nine. I couldn’t just throw one more out, it wouldn’t be real (there’s a loaded statement when I’m referring to fictional men).
Moving on to other things…
I received a very sweet card from the lovely Susannah at It’s the Simple Moments that Stick. It’s adorable. I want some (I have a thing for notecards).
The vegetarian challenge is getting a little easier every day. I’m still fighting cravings–today it’s corndogs–but I haven’t given in! I did have a coke today (oops!) but it made me feel like crap. Speaking of feeling like crap, I decided to start taking a multivitamin. I’ve taken them before, no problems. This one is very different. I can’t keep it down. I even tried taking half of one today…it came back up within an hour of taking it. It is not fun. So I’m throwing in the towel. At least with these particular vitamins. I think I will go back to Flintstones.
Dinner was yummy tonight. It’s actually the same thing I fixed last night. I made tostadas! Super easy and quick, and as long as you go easy on the cheese (a problem for me), a healthy(ish) meal. I used spicy fat-free refried beans, a little cilantro-lime brown & wild rice, and shredded queso fresco and pepper jack cheeses. Pop them in the oven at 350 for 5-10 minutes and done! Tomorrow night is either going to be light Alfredo or quinoa & veggie stir fry. We’ll see what sounds good.
Something else I’ve decided to do this month is a photo challenge.
Here are my pictures for April 1st and April 2nd:
This could get fun.
I think that’s about it for me tonight, I’ve got a migraine starting :(. But before I go, I hope your ready for some ear candy tomorrow! I’ve got one of my all time, top 5 favorites ready for your listening pleasure :).