It’s Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! This week is: Top Ten favorite brooks before I was a blogger. This is really intended for book bloggers (who actually post reviews instead of just planning on posting book reviews and never actually doing it), but I’m doing it anyway. Since I started blogging, then stopped, then started again, I went with the top 10 before I started again just a month or two ago, so most of these are still some of my favorite books.
Here is my list (don’t judge me!):
- Twilight by Stephanie Meyer – yes Twilight. I don’t care what anyone says about it. I loved it. Still love it, actually, though, admittedly, not nearly as much as I did.
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling – who doesn’t love Harry Potter?!
- The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova – this will forever be one of my favorite books. It mixes historical fiction, a love of books, and Dracula all in one. It’s beautifully written, and never fails to completely transport me. I highly recommend it.
- The Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris – yep. I loved them and still do. They can be corny and sometimes a bit outdated, but I still love them.
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett – loved it. Still love it. Great book.
- The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins – again, loved and still love. I like dystopian books.
- To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee – without question one of my all-time favorites. I first read it in high school and have loved it ever since.
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte – again, read it in junior high or high school and loved it ever since. Another of my all-time favorite books.
- The Millennium Series by Stieg Larsson – still love. Fantastic series. I so wish they could go on as intended.
- The Wicked Years by Gregory Maguire – first off: I have loved anything Wizard of Oz for as long as I can remember. I watched that movie more times than you can imagine–both as a child and as an adult. So when I discovered this series, I gobbled it up. I’m sad that it’s over, but it’s one that I go back to often.
- Discovery of Witches/Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness – I know I’m only supposed to have 10, but I had to include this – I absolutlely love this series. Will go down as a favorite (always). What’s not to like for me? It has witches, vampires, demons, Oxford, the French countryside, wine, really old books, time travel and historical fiction all rolled up into
onethree books (#3 isn’t out yet and it’s KILLING me). I don’t think I could have asked for me. I wish I had written this. This is exactly the type of book I want to write someday.
So there you have it! My top
10 11 for this week!
In other news, I’m very pissy today. The smallest things and I have the urge to start slapping people. Not everyone, but several people. I don’t really know why I’m so agitated today, but I am. So, for those of you at work who may read this, I apologize now if I’m surly and pissy towards you today. It’s a little early, but I’m going to blame it on PMS…or the vegetarian thing…or lack of sleep…or migraine hangover, one/combination of those. If I had a vacation or personal day to use, I would use it today. Unfortunately I don’t. So I’m going to try my best not to flip-out on anyone or start crying (this is more likely), because that’s what I do. I cry. Any heightened emotion, sappy real estate commercials, you name it and it probably has the ability to make me cry.
So, back to work I go, seeing as I have finished my boring lunch. I’m so ready for Saturday and being able to eat real food again. I really miss beef, and pork, and chicken, and seafood. Maybe I’ll have scallops & lobster as a treat to myself…we shall see.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot – here is my photo challenge picture for today:
P.S. It’s currently 74 degrees here yet we have a Winter Weather Advisory in effect (starting this evening) until tomorrow afternoon…welcome to Oklahoma.