Yes, it’s time for Top Ten Tuesday brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish!
This week is Top ten words/topics that instantly make me pickup or buy a book.
- If it’s got witches, vampires or anything else supernatural, I’m immediately interested.
- Time-travel, because I’m a history nerd and I would love to go back in time to experience things instead of just read about them.
- If the word “epic” is mentioned, it definitely peaks my interest.
- If it has anything to do with Ireland, Scotland or England, I’m in.
- If the subject matter can be considered “dark” my weird little brain starts doing cartwheels.
- The word “night” in the title will get me to pick up just about any book.
- Titles what seem to suggest a fantasy world.
- This is harder to explain, but if it seems to be thought-provoking or has a confusing or convoluted title, my interest is peaked.
- Thrillers and mysteries usually grab my attention.
- Fictional takes real historical events/people always gets me.
Now on to other news in the world of the sydney project:
I received my Cara Box from the lovely Cheltee yesterday! It’s very cute! She did good :). More on that will be posted tonight.
I’ve almost finished American Gods now, definitely should finish within the next few days. It saddens me that it’s ending :(. I’m loving it so very much. I’ve loved mythology since the 5th grade, when we studied Greek mythology, so a book that throws together gods from so many different mythological traditions & then spins those traditions and stories into something new – Right. Up. My. Alley. I still can’t fathom how I never read this book before now.
I made 4 cards last night, however, I can’t include pictures just yet. It was fun, but it ended up being quite the chore. It took me about 3 hours to get them all done. I watched The Avengers and part of The Voice while I was working on them, so it actually may have been a little longer than that. I’ve still got a few more to make, plus the surprise something for one of my friend’s birthday, but no rush on those. At least not yet. Then again, I’m really good at procrastinating (just ask my mom), so there very well could end up being a rush on them :).
On the health front, you may not believe this, but I find myself actually looking forward to exercising tonight. I think I might be sick. Or dying. Or loosing my mind…Scratch that last one, I lost my mind a loooong time ago. I have been doing very well with my eating. So far, with my pork roast I’ve had:
1) tacos with cilantro-lime quinoa & black beans,
2) a bowl made with the same things as above minus the taco shell, and
3) I made a wrap, with carb-smart, whole wheat small tortillas, again with the same ingredients. I also had a veggie burger last night with a side of lima beans instead of chips.
Tonight’s menu is either going to consist of grilled chicken breast (possibly a grilled chicken sandwich?) or another pork wrap, but this time with the addition of avocado. Dessert/my snack for the evening – lime popsicle. I’m hopelessly addicted to them. It’s really hard for me to stick to just one, but I’m making myself. They’re just so good. Speaking of lime – lately–and maybe it’s the warmer weather, I don’t know–I have been craving the taste of lemon and lime. I find myself making food that I know I need/will want to add one of them to. Is that a weird craving to have?
Well, I think that’s all for now. Even though it’s not Wednesday, therefore not time for a music post, I still leave you with a short little playlist of M83 songs, just because I’ve can’t seem to stop listening to it. Enjoy!
Beard of Zeus!