Well, it’s that time of the week! Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
This week is topic is Top ten favorite books when you want something light & fun. Honestly, I don’t really read very many books that I would consider to be “light & fun.” So this is the best I could do:
- Austenland by Shannon Hale – This was the first book that came to mind. And I do really like it when the fluffy mood strikes, which isn’t very often, quite honestly.
- Let’s Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memior by Jenny Lawson – this book is very funny, which is why I included it. I don’t know that I would call it “light” exactly, but oh well.
- One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish & Green Eggs & Ham by Dr. Seuss – This is actually 3 and 4, and they are my favorite Dr. Seuss books, and Dr. Seuss is definitely fun.
- Bridget Jones Diary by Helen Fielding – Ok, I actually haven’t read these books, BUT I have seen the movies more times than I can count. And I know that when I do eventually read the books, I will love them.
That’s it. That’s all I could come up with. When will there be a topic about favorite dark-themed books or something like that? That one would be a very long list for me.
Unless you live under a rock or don’t care about fabulous celebrity fashion, you should know that the Met Gala was last night. Someday, I would LOVE to go to the Met Gala…just once I want to be a part of it. I always love it. This year was celebrating punk fashion, and the theme was appropriately titled Punk: Chaos or Couture and here are few of my personal favorites, just for the fun of it :).
Now I think it’s time for Blog Everyday In May!
Today’s topic is things I am most afraid of:
- Public speaking or any other occasion where all eyes are on me.
- Getting to the point in my life where I am ready to have children & finding out I can’t. Irrational as I have no reason to think this, but it has been a fear since I was a teenager. I don’t think I’ve ever told anyone.
- Not living my life the way I think it should be lived/getting stuck.
- Falling back into the abyss I was in after my dad died.
- Loosing my babies aka my dogs.
- This is another completely irrational one that I chalk-up to my overactive imagination – when I’m out swimming in the middle of the ocean or a big lake, I have this fear that there is a creature, somewhat like an evil Nessie (Loch Ness Monster for those unfamiliar with the nickname), that’s going to attack me. I know it’s crazy and makes no logical sense, but for as long as I can remember, I have felt this fear every time I’m way out in a large body of water. I know I’ve never voiced one.
What else is going on in my world?
Let’s see…I desperately need to go grocery shopping, but that’s gonna wait until Friday. I’m excited to see my mama again this weekend for Mother’s Day. I pulled double-duty on exercising last night & I am paying the price. I overdid it a little bit. But now I know better. And I guess it’s better to overdo than to underdo…I don’t think that’s actually a word, but I’m using it anyway.
I’m looking forward to getting home from work tonight, as I should have a present in the mail via Netflix – Silver Linings Playbook!!!!! I’ve been DYING to see this movie since well before it even came out in theaters and I never made it. I’m pumped. And tomorrow I plan on going to the City to finally see Baby Walter & his proud mom and dad! I can’t wait! I’m so very excited to finally see those chipmunk cheeks in person! So this could be a good week. At least I’m hoping that’s how it plays out.
That’s all for me today.
Until next time, Kirk out.