One of the guys I work with lost his 22 year-old son last night in a car accident, so I ask that you all keep the Brown family in your thoughts and prayers.
This week’s theme for The Broke and the Bookish‘s Top Ten Tuesday is books that involve travel in some way:
- A Discovery of Witches (All Souls #1) – Oxford, Clermont-Ferrand in the Auvergne region of France, Madison in upstate New York
2. Shadow of Night (All Souls #2) – They timewalk back to Elizabethan England, and Prague/Bohemia. It makes me giddy just thinking about it.
3. Alice in Wonderland – so Wonderland doesn’t actually exist (at least not to our knowledge), it’s still travel.
4. The Harry Potter Series – does this really need an explanation?
5. The Chronicles of Narnia – again, I don’t really think this needs an explanation.
6. The Wicked Years – It OZ!
7. The Southern Vampire Mysteries – hey, they do travel some! Sookie went to Dallas, and to that conference thing up North somewhere, though I can’t remember where. OK, fine. It’s a bit of a cheat, but this more than makes up for it:
8. The Historian – Where do I even begin?! Amsterdam, Istanbul, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovenia, France, Venice, Croatia, Oxford…I’m probably forgetting a few, too.
Not ten, but my brain has come to a stand still.