Yep, I finally got my first Goodies Co. Tasters box! And while I didn’t like everything, I still really enjoyed the box. If you’ve never heard of this particular monthly subscription, it’s a box of snacks. And it’s only $7/month. There aren’t any other charges–no shipping cost, no handling or processing cost–just $7 for 5 to 8 snacks to try. They even have a kids version of the box. And everything included (plus much more) can be purchased on their website. Most of it, from what I have seen thus far, leans towards natural ingredients and healthier snack option, which I certainly need. And as a picky eater, it’s great to be able to sample things before potentially wasting my very precious money on something I don’t end up liking.
I admit, as a foodie, I was pretty giddy when I pulled into my driveway on Tuesday and saw the box sitting on my porch.
Here’s what was inside and what I thought of everything:
- Glacêau Strawberry Kiwi Fruit Water – Ok, I haven’t actually tried this yet because I stuck it in my freezerright after I opened the box (to get it colder faster), then I kind of forgot about it until today. So hopefully it will be thawed enough to try this evening.
- Cosmos Creations Salted Caramel Baked Corn – I love salted caramel sauce, so I thought maybe these would be a winner. Sadly they were not. I’m not sure if it was too sweet or what exactly it was that turned me off, but it was a let down.
- Crunchmaster Multi-Grain Sea Salt Crackers – I actually liked these. They were a wee bit bland at first. But after a couple, the grew on me. I think they would be really good with dip or with soup.
- The Better Chip Spinach, Kale & Sea Salt Corn Chips – These were far and away my favorite thing in the box. I loved them! I mean really LOVED them. So much so that I’m buying some. I can’t wait to eat them with some salsa, though they were pretty amazing on their own.
- Gimbal’s Cherry Lovers Fruit Chews – (Disclaimer: I’m not a huge cherry flavoring fan, so I may be a bit biased.) I hated these. They come in several flavors, all variations on cherry–cherry cheesecake, cherry daiquiri, wild cherry, etc–but they tasted very artificial and just plain gross to me. The chocolate cherry one was the worst.
Even though I wasn’t crazy about most of the items, I enjoyed the box. And those chips more than made up for everything else. I’m excited for the August box now. I hope it’s a good one. I’m also excited to order these two things: Bare Fruit Fuji Apple Chips and Alter Eco Dark Chocolate Quinoa bar. (I just hope they taste as good as I think they are going to.)
In completely unrelated news, I’m aproximately half way through series 4 of Doctor Who. The last episode I watched was the The Doctor’s Daughter. I wasn’t crazy about Martha being back for two episodes, though. I’m not a fan. But she’s gone now. And I’m like Donna a bit more with each episode. That’s not to say I didn’t like her at first. I did, I just wasn’t sure how much I liked her. Every companion get’s compared to Rose, of course, and she’s probably going to be unbeatable for me. Much like I
think know that David Tennant is going to be unbeatable as far as the Doctors go. Granted, I can only say that with certainty until 12 is announced – then I may have to reassess, depending on the content of that announcement. We shall just have to wait and see.
Disc 4 arrives today, so I’ve got another 2.5 to 3 hours of the Doctor to look forward to tonight on top of Project Runway, and whatever else I have set to record. It think that just about covers it for today.