I changed my mind about TTT, mostly because I read the theme incorrectly. I thought it was top 10 books with a beach theme/setting, but instead it’s top ten books with “X” setting. And I chose Europe. And it was a problem narrowing the list down to just 10. So I had to choose a specific country in Europe, and I chose the United Kingdom. Big surprise, I know. I cheated just a little, but it’s my blog so it’s OK :).
- Discovery of Witches/Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness
- The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
- Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Shakespeare, though namely Macbeth
- Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carol
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Anne Shaffer & Annie Barrows
- The Chronicles of Narnia Series by C.S. Lewis – mostly set in Narnia, yes, but in normal world in England.
- In The Woods by Tana French – This is my biggest cheat, because it’s Ireland. But it’s close enough.
And now, on to the current state of our office. As I have mentioned, we are in the middle of doing some improvements, and this is what it looks like right now:
I’m thankful that I get along with everyone in here, otherwise this would be awful. It’s actually kind of fun all being so close to each other (even though I have my earbuds in most of time, just like always), but I will be ready to have my own space back – I miss all my nerdy things & my pictures hanging on my cubicle walls. I do still have Yoda & Mumble sitting under my computer. I have enough trouble thinking with Yoda here, I can’t imagine what I would do if he wasn’t here to guide me with The Force.
Now for music…what to post? Well, I’m going with Walk the Moon, because they were at the top of my stream of SoundCloud & I like them :).
Back to The Sweatshop! 😉