First off, I’m going to complain a bit, so if you don’t want to hear it, feel free to skip this part:
Monday started out pretty sucky – mostly because I felt like (cover your eyes, children) shit: lingering migraine, possible sinus infection, no sleep, sore body, upset stomach…I will cease with the complaining. BUT, about 3pm yesterday afternoon, I got a little present via Twitter…The Arctic Monkeys ♥ LIVE on iTunes Festival! Made my day so very much better. I’m practically counting down the minutes until I get paid on Friday and can finally buy the new album. Having to wait all week to be able to get it sucks, but it’s something to look forward to :).
Now, on to the recap of my weekend.
I had big plans for this weekend, big crafting plans involving at least two signs & a pallet shelf. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out like I was hoping. Saturday started off well & good, I did day #1 of my couch to 5k plan to get myself in seemingly better shape for the upcoming Color Run the first weekend of October. I got most of my house cleaned & laundry started just in time for the OK State football game (and the Pokes won :)). But, towards the end of the game, the dreaded migraine monster crept up & stayed thru most of the day yesterday. (Which is why this week, I’m finally going to use the gift certificate my ladies got me for my birthday for acupuncture. I’m both nervous & excited & hopeful.)
I did finally finish my sign last night–my Halloween Countdown (the black square is a chalkboard)–well, it’s mostly finished. I still want to add a couple of things to it, like a witch hat & a raven, and maybe a bat and/or a pumpkin, the words need to be touched up, and it needs to be sealed since it’s going to be outside. But I like it! And the rough edges weren’t planned, but I actually like it better for this sign, it goes with Halloween.
Now, on to Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! This week’s topic is top
ten eleven books you would like to see turned into a movie/TV series! This is really difficult, with my imagination & love of film as well as literature, I want pretty much everything I read to be translated to the screen. I like to compare books to the screen versions & screen version to my imagination’s version. So, these are just what came to mind first.
- The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
- All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness (this may qualify as cheating, because they actually are making DoW into a movie).
- Wicked/The Wicked Years by Gregory Maguire (again possibly cheating, because there are rumors…)
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (cheating again, I know!)
- Into the Woods by Tana French
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Anne Shaffer & Annie Barrows
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman (rumors & whispers involving an HBO series…I’m keeping my fingers crossed)
- The Rook by Daniel O’Malley
- Penpal by Dathan Auerbach
- The Physic Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe
- So Cold The River by Michael Koryta
And that’s it’ for today. Blogtember will be back tomorrow, along with some music!