I have compiled quite the list of movie trailers to share lately. I will try my best to narrow it down as much as I can, spread them out over the next few weeks. Otherwise, you guys would be here watching movie trailers for weeks on end.
But before we get into the movies, tomorrow morning is The Color Run!! I’m excited! And it’s supposed to be nice & cool, even chilly, tomorrow morning which is even better!
And a little funny involving the government shutdown & books, courtesy of QuirkBooks:
Now, on to movies! A question I tend to get asked by friends & family whenever I mention new movies that no one else seems to have heard of is “how do you find out about all these movies?” Well, sometimes i just happen across them – previews, random tweets, flipping through magazines, etc., etc. Other than happenstance, I have three places I got for movie news: Empire, Indiewire, and Flavorwire, usually in that order. I get emails from each of them, and I have widgets for all three of them on my homepage. And Flavorwire isn’t just a go-to for movies. They also have sections for books, art, design, etc.
Now, let’s jump in!
- First up is not actually a trailer, but it highlights the need for a movie – and, thus, a trailer. It’s this really cool Wonder Woman short by Rainfall Films:
- Next is an upcoming British horror movie that I’m pretty excited about. It’s called In Fear and it stars Alice Englert (Beautiful Creatures), Allen Leech (Downton Abbey) and Iain De Caestecker (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.):
- Another horror/scifi-ish movie is The Wall, about a woman suddenly cut-off from the world by an invisible wall:
- Now for The Last Days on Mars. You may guess from the title that this is a science-fiction movie, about a a group of astronauts finishing up a mission on Mars & preparing to head back to Earth, when they find something & decide to stay just a little bit longer…It stars Liev Schreiber, Elias Koteas, Romola Garai, and Olivia Williams:
- One more horror movie: this is American Mary, and from the looks of it, it’s nor for the faint of heart – it seems kinky sex & outrageous plastic surgery play a very large part in this film, so consider yourself warned. And like with Filth previously this week, you can judge me if you like, but I’m intrigued by the prospect of this movie:
- Now for the recently released X-Men: Days of Future Past teaser:
- Now for a change of pace. This film is called Best Man Down. It stars Justin Long, and is about a couple whose best man dies on their wedding night. Canceling their honeymoon to help with his funeral arrangement, Scott (Justin Long) realizes he may not have known his best friend as well as he thought:
- And the final trailer for today is Philomena, staring the incredible Judy Dench & Steve Coogan (who also co-wrote the screenplay). It’s about a woman searching for the son she was forced to give up 50 years ago:
Enjoy your weekend!