Yep, it is Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! But, before I get into bookish things, I have more music to share!
I’m so very excited because the full Inside Llewyn Davis soundtrack is streaming on NPR!!!! You should be fully aware by now that I’m anxiously awaiting the release of this film (December 20th, though I’m betting that’s a limited release and it won’t actually be showing around Stillwater America). And you should be, too. I have no doubts whatsoever that it is going to be incredible, and possibly my favorite movie of the year. Actually, I’m betting it’s going to become one of my favorite movies ever if the soundtrack is any indication of the film. It’s beautiful, and haunting, and full of emotion. And I’m in love with it. I’m already singing along–silently since I’m at work–with them. Give it a listen. It’s worth it.
Now, on to TTT! This week’s topic is sequels you are dying to get your hands on. I’m not sure I currently have ten, mostly because I’m seriously behind on reading, But here goes nothing!
- Definitely #1 on this list is the third book in the All Souls trilogy by Deborah Harkness. I think I’m going to die before it comes out.
- Even though I haven’t heard great things about it, I’m still excited to read Allegiant by Veronica Roth.
- I haven’t finished Vol. 5 yet, but I’m dying for Locke and Key: Volume 6 by Joe Hill & Gabriel Rodriguez.
- I still haven’t read the last Sookie Stackhouse book, Dead Ever After (I told you I’m BEHIND), but I am still looking forward to After Dead by Charlaine Harris.
- I’m dying to read Doctor Sleep by Stephen King but first I want to re-read The Shining because it’s been years since I’ve read it.
I think that’s it. I have multiple–I can think of at least seven right now–series I want to start reading. But books are expensive! And unfortunately I have to be a “responsible adult” and not spend all my money on books. At least Christmas is just around the corner! I can load-up my Christmas list with books!
I think that’s it for me today, folks!