First off, today is a very special day for nerds the world over. Why? Oh, I’ll tell you why: 50 years ago today, a brand new series began filming for the BBC. A little show about a Time Lord, traveling around in an old police box, who goes by the name “The Doctor”…that’s right, my fellow Whovians! Today is the 50th anniversary of the day Doctor Who begin filming! I think this calls for a celebration of some sort.
Speaking of British television, if any of you reading this are Sherlockians as well as Whovians (like I obviously am), then I have a little treat for you as well! (Treat, torture, same difference.) Courtesy of the BBC, you can click on the image below to see brand new, behind-the-scenes photos from the set of series three of Sherlock!
Now, since I’m still not back to participating in Blogtember, I thought I it would be fun to do another survey or two! At the very least, they are fun to me. I don’t know if they are fun or interesting to you…
First up is just 29 random questions
- Start the music player of your choice on shuffle. What are the first 10 songs that play?
- “Rehab” – Amy Winehouse
- “A Foggy Day In London Town” – Michael Buble
- “Seaside” – The Kooks
- “Tongue Tied” – Grouplove
- “Ghosting” – Freelance Whales
- “Young Girls” – Bruno Mars
- “Many of Horror” – Biffy Clyro
- “Molly’s Chamber” – Kings of Leon
- “This Girl” – Punch Brothers
- “Come Back Home” – Two Door Cinema Club
- If you could spend a week anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Right now, that would easily be London.
- What is your preferred writing utensil?
Pen, preferably black or purple. It just depends on the day…
- What is your favorite month, and why?
October, because it’s when Fall really kicks in–it cools off, the trees start changes, the boots & scarves & sweater come out–also, it’s right in the middle of football season, and it’s Halloween.
- Do you ever play board/card games (not on a computer or gaming console)? If yes, what are your favorites?
Yes. I love Monopoly, Clue, Life, Taboo, Cards Against Humanity…
- Who is one of your favorite music artists who is not well-known/mainstream?
Bobby Long. Love him.
- What magazines do you regularly read?
Country Living, Fine Cooking, The Local Palette, Relevant
- What’s your favorite piece of clothing that you own?
My plum-colored, knit boyfriend cardigan.
- What is a book you loved as a child?
The Velveteen Rabbit.
- What did you have for dinner last night?
Red Lobster’s crab, bay scallops, and shrimp bake with potatoes and corn, courtesy of my aunt Nesie :).
- What’s your favorite chocolate & non-chocolate candy?
Favorite chocolate would be either Reese’s or Crunch bar, non-chocolate is probably Starburst, or Werther’s Original.
- What fandoms are you a part of?
Let’s see, I’m a Whovian, Sherlockian, Trekkie, I also love Star Wars, Supernatural, Pretty Little Liars, The Vampire Diaries, Avengers (esp. Loki), X-Men…I am absolutely sure I’m forgetting a few…
- If you could study anything, what would be?
That’s the question, isn’t it?
- How would you describe your sense of humor?
Nerdy, very sarcastic, inappropriate, awesome.
- What are the last three blogs you visited?
Ella Claire, Life With a Side of Coffee, & Halford, Party of Two + the Dogs
- What’s the longest drive you’ve ever been on?
About 14 hours, to Colorado, I think.
- What the furthest from home you have been?
Amalfi Coast (Amalfi, Positano, Pompeii): aprox. 5600 miles from here.
- If you had to move your birthday, what month would you move it to?
October or November so it would be in my favorite season, not my least favorite season.
- Which do you prefer: beach or mountains?
Mountains, it’s always mountains. Every. Single. Time.
- What is the approximate population of the town/city you live in?
50,000 with the university, but about half that without it.
- Which way to do spell it: grey or gray?
I use both, though “grey” comes more naturally to me.
- If you could write an article for any newspaper/magazine, which would it be?
Either a food magazine, like Fine Cooking, or an entertainment magazine, like Rolling Stone or Empire.
- What are some of your favorite smells?
Cinnamon, rain, mens’ cologne, leather, patchouli, pine, nutmeg, clove, saffron, lavender, rosemary…
- Can you go a day without caffeine?
Can I live through a day without caffeine? Yes. Do you want me to? No.
- What is the most recent film you watched, and did you like it?
Most recent as in release date was The World’s End and I loved it. Most recent as in the date I actually sat down and watched it would be Trance, and I also loved it.
- What do you think is your worst habit?
Umm…I can be a little lazy at time, especially when it comes to cleaning. I curse/swear much more than I should, and I tend to hold things in too much. Oh, and I’m stubborn as hell.
- How do you prefer your eggs?
Either scrambled or over-medium.
- Where do you see your life being at in a decade?
Well, I will 36, so hopefully married with a few kids, living in London, with a flexible job so we can travel.
- Who is your favorite Disney princess?
You really have to ask? Belle, of course. She is the bookworm. Though I also love Snow White (the animals) & Aurora (forest, singing, animals, fairies…).
And now for a photo-set survey/challenge!
Actually, that photo-set survey is going to have to wait until tomorrow, because I think I need some time to put everything together tonight. Wait in rapt anticipation you must.